Thursday, May 5, 2011

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming"

Wow I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last blog entry......haha I've been a busy bee here lately because of playing with kids all day. These past two weeks I've been living at the bishop's compound, which by the way has a school to go with it. I've been waking up almost every day to hearing laughter, screaming, crying, and all sorts of things kids do so I'm very tired from these two weeks of usually waking up to that at 6:30 AM and also playing with them. I've also been helping out the older kids with there math, and seeing that I'm usually terrible with it, I'm happy to say that this is basic mathematics so I'm the king of this type of math! I've also been playing soccer with the older group and I can tell you personally, these kids play much much better than me. I have to cheat at times to catch up with them, which shows you how terrible of a soccer player I really am.

Also after the end of school I usually baby-sit or you can say hang out with the bishop's three children (Iggy, David, Barney) and we've had a ball. Haha Barney is 8-years old and is scared of almost everything, so I made him a promise that within the next two weeks I would turn him into a man, and I can say that with God's help, he has overcome his fears of heights, and clowns (I make a mean "Crusty the Clown" laugh and the kids love it). Haha I can also say that these past two weeks have been a much needed break after a month of hardships because I've played Fifa 2011 on the PS2 with these kids almost everyday, and I've had some delicious food while here so I don't have American food on my mind for now lol. Another thing that I've been enjoying here is playing chess. Random as that maybe to say, Barney is obsessed with this game, even if he keeps on calling it checkers, I got annoyed at times when he kept on calling it checkers after we've played like over 20 times now......but he simply loves this game. I've beat him almost every time except once when he finally learned how to trick me, but he's also gotten upset every time I win because he says it isn't fair....my response: so is life at times, but God makes it that way at times because He is building up something better for you.

Which brings me to the next point of this blog. These past two weeks have been amazing for me, I mean have an better view out here of the country side of Rwanda, I get to be a kid almost every day, I eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch and dinner (which is freaking awesome), I'm part of their family here which makes me miss home so much more, but that doesn't mean these weeks have been the easiest for me. These past two weeks have been at times a struggle for me because I'm beginning to see the very things which hold me back from my spiritual growth. I mean my past addictions have been at times creeping back in because I'm usually tired after the day and I'm more prone to falling into it, I've really been stressing out over this documentary because I still have no answer from the Higher Ups yet, and also this recent tornado that hit Tuscaloosa almost killed one of my best friends, so I've been really asking at times to God just what am I doing wrong here? The main word that He has been telling me these past two weeks is that being OBEDIENT in HIS WAY, is the best way to get these answers.

What God has been showing to me this past week, is that ever since 2009, my obedience in HIM has been slipping. I mean he showed me alot yesterday in Psalm 25 especially when it came to verse 10 where it stated "All the Paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and testimonies." Just think about it, how many of us truly remain obedient to Him? We aren't happy enough with our life in the way it is going, we aren't satisfied with the relationship we have with somebody, we aren't happy with the $100,000 a year job we have, I mean if we aren't happy with our lives then something must be missing, or even worse something is completely wrong. When I first became a believer in 2006, my life was seemingly perfect spiritually. I mean I was so joyous because I was accepted in the eyes of God through His son Jesus Christ. My prayer life was great, I was pledging a fraternity with the best group of men you could ever be with, and it seemed to me like heaven was on earth at that time. My time with Him in the word was beginning to grow more steadily and I could really begin to feel Him talking to me almost every time I was reading. But after a while, the Word to me was growing distant, I was beginning to lose happiness inside it felt like, and all of a sudden I was beginning to curse God it seemed.

If it wasn't for those times when it seemed like I was in hell though, it wouldn't make me see how good obedience can actually be. Since being here in Rwanda, God has begun to change my heart, and when I say change, I mean A REAL BIG CHANGE! He's been showing me verses that are in some way visions of the ministry we're building now. And for some strange reason to me, I'm beginning to feel a desire in my heart for becoming a pastor, or minister now, because ever since I was a sophomore in high school, I've dreamed of being a leader for the people. What an amazing opportunity this could really be. The biggest step for any believer to take in his or her walk is to truly be obedient in their walk with GOD, because doing so will not only make your life better, YOU WILL BEGIN TO FLOURISH, because you are allowing God to work through you. Now I'm not trying to be a PROSPERITY PREACHER here telling you if accept God then you will become rich financially, I'm saying you'll prosper by the means of the Gospel and also He will reward you in so many different ways. Those moments that we are in when it seems like you can't feel HIM believe me, it will change. When you feel that God hates you and almost everything you touch is seemingly ruined (whether a relationship goes bad, or you lose a house, or a job), believe me IT WILL CHANGE. But in order for it to change, you must learn and trust in the LORD JESUS CHRIST, because as He has told his disciples, without Him you CANNOT BEAR ANY FRUIT!

So as I end this blog, I leave you with a simple question........Are you truly obedient to God? As a prayer request, I ask that you continue to pray for David and I as are working hard on building this ministry team here. As a praise.....God is really beginning to give us answers regarding to looking for a house to place this ministry, and He has really been answering me alot lately with scripture regarding ministering to these soccer players (we are gonna try and raise some money to help buy these kids either some custom made jerseys or some very good soccer cleats) and through this we want to preach the Gospel to them by showing them these things we give them will not last, but having faith and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ will giving you much more (meaning salvation), to see more evidence of Him working this read 2 Corinthians 9: 11-15, GOD IS SO GOOD! Also a prayer request on my end, is just for God to continue to change my heart for HIM here and for answers on my career because I'm beginning to feel a pull into ministry. Hopefully next week, God willing and if my computer will do it, I will have pictures on here from A SAFARI!!!!!!! I love you all and may the Lord continue to bless you in wherever you go.....if you have any prayers requests, don't hesitate to ask!!!!!

Isaiah 43:18-19,
Adam Turnipseed

No comments:

Post a Comment